【AXIS collaborative exhibition】Contemporary Surface Design and Technology
- Event period
- 7.8 Fri7.14 Thu
- 11:00 ー 19:00
While surface designthe―"face of architecture"―is about each building's individual architecture, it also plays an important role in a city's urban facade, which comprises its appearance. This exhibition's organizer is AGB (Asahi Building-Wall), known for its unique facade engineering. The company has done work on around 40 buildings in Ginza alone. Thanks to rapid advances in digital technology, it has also become able to easily realize designs that were previously difficult to bring to life.
This exhibition is based on the special in-depth volume "Contemporary Surface Design and Technology," published in September. As the exhibition will show, design, technology, and the craftsmanship that underpins them both are clearing the way toward the "New Horizon of Architecture."
Please come and take a look.
Photo: GINZA SIX House of Dior Ginza (a) ©Nacasa & Partners
|Event period||Friday, July 8 to Thursday, 14|
|Time||11:00 ー 19:00|
|＊Last day until 17:00|
|Organizer||AGB (Asahi Building-Wall Co., Ltd.)|
|Planning and direction||Kunihide Oshinomi (k/o design studio)|
|Photos||Atsushi Nakamichi (Nacasa & Partners)|
|Venue graphic design||Yoshiaki Shioya (Shioya Tokyo)|
|Cooperation||SHOKOKUSHA, AXIS Gallery|
Some of the major works to be exhibited
● Louis Vuitton Maison Osaka Midosuji - Taisei Corporation, AS, Peter Marino Architect
● GINZA SIX House of Dior Ginza - Taniguchi and Associates, Kajima Design
● Sumida Hokusai Museum - Kazuyo Sejima and Associates
● Loro Piana Ginza Store - AS
● Shiseido Ginza Building - Takenaka Corporation
● Silver Mountain at Senzoku Gakuen College of Music - k/o design studio + Kajima Design
● Oita Prefectural Art Museum (OPAM) - Shigeru Ban Architects